September 26, 2010

Potty Training 101


One morning Boston told me that he was only going t
o wear big boy potty pants from now on. I was a little leery to just jump into the whole potty training process at the drop of a hat, but he was so determined that I couldn't say no. So it began. A few accidents here and there for the first few days. By the fourth day he had it down pretty good and that was that. I was completely surprised at the simplicity. Remington took 3 months to go an entire day with out an accident. I had to pat myself on the back.

After week two I began to realize it wasn't going to
be as easy as I had previously thought. Though Boston keeps his clothes dry, he has a hard time keeping the entire bathroom dry. Thus began the hourly scrub of the bathroom.

One evening we caught Boston sitting on his little pott
y and the floor and the big toilet and the toilet paper was soaked. He looked so disappointed. After a few minutes of instruction on how we keep the bathroom dry, he looked up and said, "I missed." We just stared back at him with an obvious nod. Then he pointed to the big toilet across the bathroom and said, "I missed." The realization came and we all burst into laughter. He had been trying to pee into the big potty across the room while sitting on his little potty, but... he missed. (note the dripping wet toilet paper roll)

No comments:

Post a Comment