May 14, 2010

Creativity

My boys never cease to amaze me. Especially when it comes to throwing a fit! They are very creative and put on a variety of performances to test what works best for getting mom's attention.

Last week Boston put on his very best performance and it certainly grabbed my attention! He wanted to play with something that Remington had and for once didn't get his way. So, he started off with the pout face and the whiny voice of disapproval. Then he stamped his feet on the floor, all the while looking to see if anyone was paying attention. Seeing that he wasn't making an impact, he ramped up the drama by lifting up his knees really high and running in place. I gave him a disapproving look and that is when his emotions broke free. He started running around the living room as fast as he could, screaming at the top of his lungs. Our living room is rather small and because toys were strewn around the room the only way he could run without stopping was to run in a little 4 foot circle. After 5 or 6 laps I just burst out into laughter. He looked so funny and it certainly took me by surprise! The best part was that as soon as he saw me laughing he started to crack up and totally forgot that he was mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment